- 8 ounces linguini pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, filleted to make 4 thin sliced pieces
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium tomato, diced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, to serve
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain, cover and keep warm.
Season chicken breasts all over with 1 ½ tablespoons Cajun seasoning.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and sear on both sides. Turn heat down to low and sauté until cooked through and center reaches 165°F on a food thermometer. Transfer to a cutting board to rest; cover to keep warm.
In the same skillet over medium heat, sauté the butter and garlic for 1 minute or until the garlic is fragrant. Add the diced tomatoes, whipping cream, Parmesan cheese and remaining Cajun seasoning. Bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss until combined.
Slice chicken into thin strips.
Serve pasta with sliced chicken on top and garnish with a sprinkle of parsley, if desired.
You might also enjoy these chicken and pasta recipes:
- Whole Wheat Pasta with Chicken
- Creamy Grilled Chicken Pasta Primavera
- Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta Skillet
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Pot Pie Pasta
- Lemon Orzo Chicken Bake
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Chicken
- Chicken & Penne
- Chicken Cordon Bleu & Orzo Casserole
- Chicken Enchilada Mac & Cheese