- 10 medium jalapeños (about 4 inches long), sliced in half lengthwise, with seeds and ribs removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 20 slices cooked bacon
- 12-ounce tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 40 small candy eyeballs or sliced olives
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper.
Spoon the cheese mixture evenly into the 20 jalapeño halves.
Unroll the crescent rolls. Divide into 4 rectangles, pressing together the seam of two triangles. Using a pizza cutter, slice each rectangle lengthwise into 10 strips.
Wrap each stuffed jalapeño first with 1 slice of cooked bacon and then with 2 strips of dough. Try to leave a space where the eyes will be. Place on prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and carefully place candy eyeballs (or olives) on each mummy.
Cool slightly and serve warm.
Check out our other Halloween ideas.