- 1 (14-ounce) box pumpkin bread mix
- 1 (16-ounce) box pound cake mix
- Orange food coloring
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon butternut extract
- 1/2 cup pecans
Get the instructions at SheKnows.com
Beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low; beat in half the confectioners’ sugar until combined. Beat in the remaining confectioners’ sugar and butternut extract.
Increase the speed to medium high and beat until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Spread frosting on cake and top with pecans.
Check out more Halloween inspirations.