- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Dash salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ tablespoon poppy seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (8-ounce) bag spinach
- ½ pint of strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries, rinsed
- ½ cup small pasta (such as estrella [stars], dilantini,, anellini, etc), cooked, drained, rinsed and cooled
- ⅓ cup crumbled Feta cheese
In small skillet, melt butter and brown sugar.
Add almonds and salt and sauté until almonds are slightly browned.
Remove almonds from sauté pan to parchment paper and allow to cool.
Break up once cool and store in plastic bag until ready to use.
Combine all ingredients into small container with a lid and shake until well mixed. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Combine salad ingredients in large serving bowl.
Drizzle dressing over salad and toss gently to combine.
Sprinkle nuts on top and serve immediately.
Per Serving: 220 calories, 123 calories from fat, 14g fat, 4g saturated fat, 12mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 24g total carbohydrates, 3g dietary fiber, 15g sugars, 3g protein, 322 mg Potassium.
Have you ever tried making your own croutons out of leftover bread? Try this Crouton recipe.