- 1 medium onion, diced
- 12 baby carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 cups cooked, shredded or cubed chicken
- 4 cups 99% fat free chicken broth
- 1-2 cups water (depending on your choice of thickness)
- 4 ½ cups dry egg noodles
Prepare the onions, carrots, and celery, making about 2 cups of vegetables.
In a medium soup pot, melt the butter. Add the garlic and vegetables. Sauté for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
Add the seasonings, chicken, broth, and water. Simmer about 7-8 minutes.
Add the egg noodles and continue simmering until the noodles are tender, about 7-8 minutes.
Serve with your favorite sandwich or crackers.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1 SERVING, 629g): 560 calories, 270 calories from fat, 30g total fat, 11g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 90mg cholesterol, 1260mg sodium, 34g total carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 5g sugars, 41g protein, 32mcg folate, 5mg vitamin C, 2mg iron.
Want to learn more about the farmers that grow the wheat you eat? Visit our Stories section.