- 4 cups bran flakes
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups mashed bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pans with muffin liners; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine bran flakes and buttermilk. Toss to coat and set aside.
In another large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, banana, and vanilla.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Gradually stir into the creamed mixture, just until moistened.
Fold in the bran mixture and blueberries. Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full.
In another medium bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the batter.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm.