- 1 pie crust, blind baked and cooled (try Mom's Favorite Pie Crust)
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 bananas, plus additional for garnish, if desired
- One 8 ounce tub whipped topping
In a saucepan, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch.
Whisk in the milk and place over medium heat.
Bring the mixture to a boil, whisking frequently.
In a separate bowl, add the egg yolks.
Pour about ½ cup of the milk mixture into the egg yolks slowly, whisking constantly.
Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan, still stirring constantly and cook until bubbling.
Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and butter.
Pour into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until cool.
Slice the bananas and arrange half of them on the crust.
Pour half of the cooled pudding into the pie crust.
Arrange the remaining bananas over the pudding and top with the rest of the pudding.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Spread the whipped topping over the pudding and garnish with sliced bananas, if desired.
You might enjoy these other banana recipes.
- Banana Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Banana Cupcakes
- Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffin Tops
- Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Blueberry Banana Breakfast Bars
- American Flag Waffles