- Biscuit dough (try Mountaintop Biscuits) OR 1 (16.3-ounce) can refrigerated 8 big biscuits (Buttermilk, Southern Style or Wheat)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of your favorite scrambled egg ingredients: bacon, ham, cooked sausage, mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc.
- ½ cup shredded cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon finely grated Parmesan cheese (from the can)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
Prepare biscuit dough and cut out biscuits with 2 ½” biscuit cutter or glass; set aside.
Preheat oven to 450°F and grease 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray. In a skillet on medium heat, combine eggs and your choice of scrambled egg ingredients. Flip and cook a few minutes until eggs are set. Remove from heat, divide into 8 equal pieces and set aside.
Shape or roll each biscuit into a 6-inch flattened circle.
Leaving ½” border, place a piece of the scrambled egg mixture on one half of each flattened biscuit circle. Sprinkle on 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Fold other half-side of dough over the top. Use the prongs of a fork to crimp the edges to seal. Place 4 hand pies on each prepared baking sheet.
Stir together butter, cheese, garlic powder and parsley. Brush on top of each biscuit hand pie.
Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm; refrigerate any leftovers.
These may also be frozen and re-heated in the microwave for an easy on-the-go breakfast.
The Mountaintop Biscuits recipe makes 12 biscuits. To have enough filling for 12 biscuit hand pies, increase filling amounts to 6 large eggs, 1½ cups scrambled egg filling ingredients, ¾ cup shredded cheese.
If you enjoyed this breakfast recipe, please try out the following:
Love sticking with breakfast ideas? Learn how to make our Overnight French Toast Casserole.