- 1 (13.8-ounce) tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 8 ounces ground Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce, for dipping, optional
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Open the tube of pizza dough and cut the dough into 4 equal squares. Use your hands or a rolling pin to roll each out to a thin circle (about 6 inches in diameter).
Divide the sausage and shredded Mozzarella cheese between the 4 circles, placing the filling on just one half of the circle.
Fold the dough over and pinch the edges to seal. Place them on the parchment paper.
For Egg Wash: In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, water, garlic powder and Parmesan.
Brush over the calzones and bake for 15 – 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve with warmed pizza sauce, if desired.
If you are wanting other Italian recipes, click here for more!
- Try using different meats and cheeses in the calzone.
- Try adding vegetables in with the meat mixture for a little boost of nutrition.
- Add some red pepper flakes in the egg wash for a little spice.