- 1 (16-ounce) package dry rotini pasta
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpouse flour
- 2 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 (8-ounce) bag shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ - 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) package Cheddar smoked sausage links, sliced
Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain.
While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
Whisk in the flour and let cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
Add milk a little bit at a time, whisking until all the milk is incorporated.
Whisk in the cheese and seasoned salt and pepper. Then stir in the sausage and cooked pasta.
Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- Try different types of pasta (bow tie, penne, elbow macaroni, etc)
- Try different types of sausage (ground sausage, sliced jalapeno Cheddar sausage, beef sausage, etc)
- Add some veggies! Try adding frozen peas, corn or broccoli.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1 SERVING, 216g): 370 calories, 170 calories from fat, 18g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 75mg cholesterol, 820mg sodium, 25g total carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 3g sugars, 23g protein, 8mcg folate, 0mg vitamin C, 1mg iron.
Looking for other pasta recipes?