- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon seeded and minced chipotle plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from one can chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 cups grilled and ready chicken breast strips
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Pepperjack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
Make chipotle sauce in a small bowl by combining all sauce ingredients. Mix well.
Make grilled cheese by spreading butter on one side of each slice of bread. Flip each slice so it is butter side down and spread the top of each slice with 1 tablespoon of chipotle sauce.
Top each of 2 slices of bread with 2 slices cheddar cheese, chicken strips, tomato, avocado and 2 slices Pepperjack. Close the sandwiches with remaining 2 slices.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches in hot pan and cover with a lid to gently weigh down sandwiches. Cook about 4-5 minutes per side, gently flipping halfway through.
To make your recipe from scratch, try this Sourdough bread recipe from King Arthur Baking.