- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 9-inch baking pan; set aside.
Bottom Layer: In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, nuts, cocoa, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
In small bowl, whisk together milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients; mix well. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
Top Layer: In small bowl, mix sugar and cocoa and sprinkle over batter.
Pour boiling water evenly over mixture in pan.
Bake 45 minutes. Serve warm, or if you prefer, cold.
If you love this chocolate recipe, try out these other ones:
- Layered Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Strawberry Cream Chocolate Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
Looking for ways to increase your whole grain consumption? Check out these tips to make half of your grains whole grains!