- 1 (9-inch) pie crust, room temperature
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cup half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 ½ cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Unroll pie crust and press into a 9-inch pie pan, crimping the top edges as desired.
Partially blind bake the pie crust: Line the crust with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dry beans. Bake 15-16 minutes. Remove parchment paper and weights. Bake another 7-8 minutes.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, pepper and parsley.
Sprinkle ham, 1 cup cheese, and green onions into the warm pie crust and pour the egg mixture over top. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup cheese on top of egg mixture.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is completely set and a knife or toothpick inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean. Cover the edges with a pie shield or strips of foil toward the end of baking to prevent overbrowning.
Let cool 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve warm or cold.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1 SLICE, 164g): 380 calories, 220 calories from fat, 24g total fat, 11g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 235mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 18g total carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 0g sugars, 21g protein, 45mcg folate, 2mg vitamin C, 2mg iron.
- Although partially blind baking the pie crust before adding the filling is not essential to the success of this recipe, it is recommended to prevent a soggy or under-cooked bottom crust. You can make your own pie crust using our recipe for Mom’s Favorite Pie Crust.
- You can substitute milk or cream in place of the half-and-half, which will provide a slightly different quiche texture.
- A finished quiche should have an internal temperature of at least 165°F, but under 185°F. If it is under 165°F, continue baking until it reaches this temperature.
You may also enjoy these Chicken Chile Cheese Quiche Cups or this Ham and Broccoli Quiche.
Want some more fun Easter ideas?
- Easter Peeps Graham Cracker Houses
- Grow Your Own Easter Basket Wheat Grass
- Easter Salt Dough Ornaments
- Easter Basket Carrot Cupcakes
- Pink Lemonade Thumbprint Cookies