- 1 (13.8-ounce) refrigerated pizza crust (12-inch)
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Optional toppings: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, nacho cheese, jalapeños, etc.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Prebake the pizza crust for about 10 minutes following package instructions.
Brown the ground beef in a large skillet, breaking it up as it cooks; drain. Add taco seasoning and water; cook as directed on package instructions.
Spread refried beans evenly on crust. Layer on meat and cheese. Return to the oven and bake 8 – 10 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
Remove taco pizza from the oven. Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomato and optional toppings. Use a pizza cutter to cut into 6 large triangles and serve hot.
- Try using your favorite recipe for homemade bread or this Pizza Crust in a Bag in place of the store-bought crust.
- Try making homemade refried beans from scratch to use in this recipe.
- Taco meat freezes really well so consider cooking extra to store for your next taco craving!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1 SLICE, 285g): 440 calories, 110 calories from fat, 12g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 60mg cholesterol, 1300mg sodium, 51g total carbohydrate, 7g dietary fiber, 2g sugars, 28g protein, 2mcg folate, 5mg vitamin C, 5mg iron.
Looking for alternatives to the refrigerated pizza crust? Try these pizza recipes.
- Naan Taco Pizzas
- Pizza Crust in a Bag
- Margherita Pizza
- French Bread Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
- 15 Ways to Use a Tortilla