- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccini noodles
- 1 jar (22 ounces) alfredo sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 40 large shrimp (about 1 ½ lbs), peeled and tails removed
- 1 medium lime
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
Cook pasta in a large pot of water according to package directions. Drain.
Return pasta to pot and toss with alfredo sauce. Keep warm on low while cooking shrimp.
In a small bowl, combine all spices to make the seasoning blend.
Preheat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter to pan. When butter is melted, stir in garlic and shrimp.
Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice from each half over the shrimp. Then sprinkle entire seasoning blend over the shrimp.
Toss well to coat shrimp and sauté for 5-8 minutes, cooking both sided of the shrimp until they begin to brown.
Serve the shrimp over a bed of the fettuccini alfredo. Top with parmesan cheese, if desired.
If you are wanting an alfredo recipe, but spicy garlic and lime shrimp is not something you are ready to try, try these other alfredo-like recipes!