- 6 ounces ham, thinly sliced, low sodium, extra lean (NOT honey-baked ham)
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 slices enriched white bread
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon “beau monde” seasoning (or alternate)
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 dashes onion powder
Lightly spray an 8” x 8” baking pan with non-stick spray. Lay 3 slices of bread in the bottom. Layer ½ the ham and ½ the cheese. Repeat layer of bread, ham and cheese.
Beat together remaining ingredients and pour over the casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour at 325 degrees F; serve hot.