- 1 ½ pounds ground beef (93% lean or leaner)
- ½ pound ground pork sausage
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cups tomato juice
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix ingredients.
Spread in a large shallow pan. Bake, stirring frequently, for 1 hour.
Spoon into split buns and serve while hot.
Note: Recipe can easily be doubled for feeding an even bigger harvest crew!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1/2 CUP, 85g): 110 calories, 50 calories from fat, 6g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 15mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 10g total carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 2g sugars, 5g protein, 3mcg folate, 1mg vitamin C, 1mg iron.
Learn more about wheat harvest in this video of the Jason Ochs family.