- 3 (17.5-ounce) tubes refrigerated jumbo cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Purple, green and golden yellow sanding sugar for decorating
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-inch tube pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Separate cinnamon rolls; set aside included icing to use later.
Using kitchen shears or a sharp knife, cut each cinnamon roll into four pieces. Arrange cinnamon roll pieces in tube pan.
In a medium bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs, vanilla and evaporated milk; mix until combined.
Pour cream cheese mixture over cinnamon rolls in tube pan.
Bake 50-55 minutes, or until rolls are a deep golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
Turn baked monkey bread out onto a large plate. Drizzle icing generously over monkey bread. Decorate with sanding sugar in the design of your choice. Serve warm.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (92g): 270 calories, 90 calories from fat, 10g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 30mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 21g sugars, 5g protein, 4mcg folate, 0mg vitamin C, 1mg iron.
- Do not use a two-piece tube pan for this recipe because the cream cheese mixture could leak around the seams and make a mess in your oven.
- A standard-size Bundt® pan can be used instead of the tube pan.
- Monkey bread is done when a skewer inserted in the thickest part comes out clean.
- To be sure that the monkey bread is fully cooked and not doughy in the center, use a thermometer. The middle should reach 190°F. If the top is getting overly done and the center is still not at 190°F, cover with foil to prevent over-browning.
Also, try these Homemade Sugar Cookies, and decorate them with the colors of Mardi Gras.