- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, kidney beans, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, black olives, salsa
In a medium skillet, brown the ground beef to an internal temperature of 160°F. Drain the grease.
Add the seasonings, tomato sauce and water to the cooked beef. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spread softened butter on both sides of each tortilla. Brown each tortilla in the heated skillet on both sides until slightly crispy.
Assemble tostada salads by topping tortillas with meat mixture and other toppings as desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1 SALAD, 173g): 300 calories, 110 calories from fat, 12g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 55mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 27g total carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 2g sugars, 19g protein, 0mcg folate, 1mg vitamin C, 1mg iron.