- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups unpeeled, grated zucchini
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or cream
In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and sugar. Add oil and zucchini, stirring to blend well. Stir in remaining ingredients until combined.
Pour into a greased 12-cup microwavable Bundt pan.* Microwave (HIGH) 10-13 minutes until cake tests done and begins to pull away from side. Cool 10 minutes in the pan. Loosen edge with a knife and invert cake onto a serving plate.
If desired, whisk together glaze ingredients. Drizzle on cake.
*Variation: Pour batter into a greased 8-inch cake pan and bake in preheated 350°F oven 45-50 minutes until center tests done with a pick or the internal temperature reaches 210°F.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1 slice, 79g): 330 calories, 140 calories from fat, 16g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 45mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 44g total carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 25g sugars, 4g protein, 35mcg folate, 0mg vitamin C, 1mg iron, 19mg calcium.