- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup dry white wine (such as chardonnay)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ⅔ cup half and half
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 (8-ounce) container spreadable cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups diced or shredded turkey
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until fragrant and softened. Add the mushrooms and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Sprinkle the flour over the mixture, stir and let cook for 1 minute.
Add the wine, broth, half and half and spaghetti; stir.
Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently, and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the pasta is soft and most of the mixture has been soaked up by the pasta.
Stir in the black pepper, cream cheese, turkey and ½ cup of the mozzarella until smooth.
Remove from heat and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top. Serve warm.
1. Shredded chicken would work great in this recipe (in place of the turkey), too!
2. If you don’t have any dry white wine, you could simply replace it with additional chicken broth.
Try out more delicious pasta recipes!