- 6– 8” whole wheat tortillas
- 1 – 8 ounce package of light cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 medium-sized green onions, bulbs and green tops, chopped
- 1 – 7 ounce can of diced green chilies, drained
- 1 - 8 ounce bag Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 - 2¼ ounce can black olives, chopped (skip this for a low sodium option)
- Cilantro, fresh, for garnish (optional)
In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and next three ingredients until well blended.
Fold in green onions, green chilies and cheese.
Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture onto tortillas and sprinkle each with 1/6 of the olives. Fold in about 1 inch on each side of tortilla toward the center, fold up bottom inch of tortilla to the middle and continue to roll up tortilla to the opposite end.
Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill 2-3 hours in refrigerator as they are much easier to cut once chilled well.
Cut into 1 inch slices using a serrated knife and place pinwheels on a festive serving platter. Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
One serving (2 slices) provides approximately: 140 calories, 6 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 9 g fat (4 g saturated), 20 mg cholesterol, 4 mcg folate, 0 mg iron and 370 mg sodium.
Note: Nutritional analysis DOES include the black olives.