- Ready-to-assemble kit includes everything you need to build and decorate your house.
- 1 pint-sized carton (from milk or whipping cream)
- 4 graham crackers
- 2 pounds powdered sugar (about 7 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- Assorted candies, cereals, pretzels, crackers, cookies, frosting, sprinkles
Whether you’re using a Gingerbread House Decorating Kit, making your own Construction Gingerbread or building a Graham Cracker House, the first step is to assemble the house. This should be done 3 to 4 hours prior to decorating to allow time to dry.
In a glass bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add egg whites and mix, adding water a little at a time until you reach a very thick consistency. Put icing in a zippered plastic bag and cut off the corner. This will allow you to squeeze out a line of icing for assembly and decorating.
Try using frosted mini-wheat cereal to give that snow-kissed glow to your roof.
Use other cereals and candies to brighten up the houses.
Want to make a faux log cabin? Use pretzel rods to give that rustic charm.
Turn ice cream sugar cones upside down and decorate with green frosting to make trees.
Use gingerbread people to serve as residents of your homes.
What other ideas can you come up with, using your imagination?