- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 (24-ounce) jar tomato-based pasta sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can Italian diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 (19-ounce) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, torn to bite size
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
In a very large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 minutes.
Add sausage to pan; cook and break up sausage until browned.
Stir in pasta sauce, diced tomatoes with juices, broth and half-and-half.
Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add frozen tortellini, stirring to submerge tortellini in the sauce. Cover and simmer another 8 minutes.
Remove from heat and gently stir in spinach and black pepper.
Serve immediately with shredded parmesan cheese.
You might like these other Tortellini recipes: