- 8 ounces large mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons dry Italian breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons bacon crumbles
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange mushroom caps, rounded sides-down in dish.
Finely chop reserved mushroom stems.
In a medium skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mushroom stems and garlic; cook 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and add cream cheese, 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, crumbled bacon, and parsley. Mix well.
Spoon mixture evenly into mushroom caps.
In a small bowl, combine remaining breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and oil. Sprinkle over mushrooms.
Bake 20 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender and stuffing is lightly browned.
- Instead of cooking your own bacon, try using packaged real bacon crumbles (usually found in the salad dressing aisle).
- Using a frosting bag with the tip cut off to create a large opening works well for filling mushroom caps with cream cheese mixture.
Try these other Appetizers and Snacks.