- 8 (2 1/2 pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup small carrots, about 2 small
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 2 tablespooons chicken bouillon
- 4 cups boiling water
- 8 slices deli ham
- 4 (1 oz ) slices Swiss cheese, halved
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray
2. Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs, coating both sides. Arrange in single layer in baking dish.
3. Bake chicken breasts, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until no longer pink (a meat thermometer should register at least 170°F)
4. In large skillet, stir together carrots, butter, orzo, chicken bouillon and water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
5. Remove chicken from baking dish. Place orzo mixture in baking dish and arrange chicken on top of orzo mixture. Top each breast with ham. Place cheese on ham. Bake uncovered 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.