- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black powder
- 2 (10-ounce) cans cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup dry seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried, grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400oF. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large pot of water, prepare the egg noodles according to the package directions, except undercook them by about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine sour cream, soup, milk, cheese and seasonings. Fold in chicken, peas and cooked noodles.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
For the topping, in a small bowl, melt the butter and add the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle mixture over the casserole.
Bake 24-26 minutes, until crumbs are browned and casserole is bubbly.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1 SERVING, 282g): 480 calories, 220 calories from fat, 24g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 65mg cholesterol, 1210mg sodium, 35g total carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 6g sugars, 30g protein, 22mcg folate, 3mg vitamin C, 1mg iron.
You might also enjoy this 30 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup.
Want to learn more about the farmers that grow wheat? Check out our Stories section.