- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (16 ounce) baked beans
- 1 can (14.5-ounce) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounce) green chiles
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 - 6" whole grain flour tortillas
- 1 - 1/3 cups shredded cheese
- Optional: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, chopped red onion
In a skillet, cook beef and garlic powder until no longer pink; drain.
Add beans, tomatoes, chiles, barbecue sauce, and chili powder. Bring to boil.
Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced.
Coat a large deep skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Place one tortilla in skillet, spread with 1 ½ cups meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers 3 times.
Cover and cook on low for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are heated through.
Cut into wedges. Serve with toppings of your choice.
1 serving provides approximately: 527 calories; 36g protein; 38 g carbohydrates; 11 g dietary fiber; 26 g fat (12 g saturated); 108 mg cholesterol; 50 mcg folate; 5.1 mg iron; 1236 mg sodium
Love this recipe? Take a look at our quick and easy Layered Taco Casserole! Or would you like to get your kids in the kitchen and build a life-long love of food? Take a look at these tips and tricks from a dietitian!
Fore more great recipes be sure and check out the Wheat Foods Council!