- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons orange zest (zest of one medium size orange)
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8×8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together milk, applesauce, honey, canola oil, egg, vanilla and orange zest.
Add oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; stir to combine.
Fold in cranberries and pour batter into prepared baking pan.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center tests done with a toothpick.
Cool before slicing into bars; store in the refrigerator, or individually wrap bars in plastic wrap and freeze.