- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (14 oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or cream
Preheat oven to 350oF. Prepare muffin pans by coating with nonstick cooking spray.
In a very large bowl, sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda.
To the dry ingredients, add the sugar, oil, eggs, water and pumpkin. Mix very well to ensure there are no remaining lumps of flour. Gently stir in nuts, if desired.
Divide the batter among the prepared muffin pans, filling about 2/3rds full. Bake for 22 – 25 minutes for regular muffins or 12 – 15 minutes for mini muffins, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow pumpkin muffins to cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
If desired, whisk together glaze ingredients and drizzle over muffins.