- 2 (15 oz.) cans pumpkin or 1 (29 oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 oz.) can fat free evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix, dry
- ½ cup margarine (1 stick), melted
- ½ cup chopped pecans, optional
- Whipped cream or fat free whipped topping
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In mixer bowl, beat pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, and spices until combined.
Pour into ungreased 9 x 13-inch pan. Sprinkle cake mix on top.
Dribble melted margarine over cake mix. If desired, sprinkle on pecans.
Bake one hour or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
To serve, top with whipped cream or topping. Store in refrigerator.
One piece provides approximately 288 calories; 5 g protein; 51 g carbohydrates; 3 g dietary fiber; 8 g fat (1 g saturated); 47 mg cholesterol; 6 mcg folate; 1 mg iron and 332 mg sodium.
Wanting more delightful dessert recipes? We’ve got you covered.
And be sure to visit our friends at the Wheat Foods Council for more delicious desserts!