- 1 ¼ cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 2 slices fried bacon, diced
Preheat waffle iron and oil if necessary.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and sugar. Stir in milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter.
Ladle batter into the hot waffle iron; sprinkle on fried bacon.
Close waffle lid and bake until down and golden.
Serve immediately with butter and syrup or your favorite toppings.
Check out these other delicious breakfast recipes.