- 1 pound extra lean ground beef or pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup bulgur wheat, dry
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 14 hamburger buns (or, try making your own Food Processor Buns)
- 2 cups water
Brown meat in skillet with onion and bulgur; drain. Add chili powder, pepper, beef broth, and tomato sauce. Stir in water if making chili.
Cover; simmer at least 25 minutes. More water may be added depending on desired consistency. Serve on buns or in bowls.
Per serving (½ cup Sloppy Joe mix using extra lean [9% fat] beef and fat free, no salt beef broth): 116 cal, 4 g fat, 17 mg chol, 330 mg sodium, 8 g carbo, 2 g fiber, 2 g pro, 12 mcg folate.
Needing some new and fresh dinner recipes? We have you covered! Sandwiches are some of our favorites, especially this Chipotle Chicken Grilled Cheese and this Chicken Caprese Melt . Everyone is sure to love these tasty meals, give ’em a whirl!