- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound boneless pork chops, cut into ½ inch strips
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 cup corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning. Brown pork on both sides, about 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add onion and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
Add chicken broth, salsa, orzo, and remaining 1 tablespoon taco seasoning. Simmer on low for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender.
Add corn and black beans. Stir and heat thoroughly. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Check out this similar and oh-so delicious Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas!