- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey, beef or pork
- 1 medium clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Drained sliced mushrooms
- Drained sliced ripe olives
- Chopped green pepper
- Sliced pepperoni
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12” – 14” pizza pan with cooking spray. Do not choose a pizza pan with holes designed for a crisp crust.
2. In a small skillet, brown meat with minced garlic; drain.
3. Break spaghetti into 3-inch pieces. Cook according to package directions; drain thoroughly.
4. In large bowl, combine milk and egg. Stir in thoroughly drained spaghetti.
5. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Top with sauce, meat, cheese, and your choice of toppings: drained sliced mushrooms, drained sliced ripe olives, chopped green pepper and sliced pepperoni.
7. Bake 25-30 minutes or until spaghetti crust is firm and cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: Pizza made with ground turkey, sauce, and part-skim cheese with no additional topping.
(1/8th of pizza, 142 g): 180 calories,3.5g fat, 4g fiber, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 25g carbohydrates,19mg cholesterol,422mg sodium,15g protein,5mg vitamin C, 2mg iron, 151mg calcium.