- 2 (5-ounce) cans chunk tuna, in water, drained
- 4 large, hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 4 count (9.17 oz) bakery-style butter croissants
In a medium bowl, combine all tuna salad ingredients.
Refrigerate 1 hour before serving to allow flavors to blend.
Remove from refrigerator and adjust flavors to your taste, if necessary, by adding more salt, pepper, parsley, etc.
Carefully slice croissants and divide tuna salad among them to create 4 sandwiches. Serve immediately.
Note: Canned tuna is an inexpensive, low calorie source of protein and other important nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids. Tuna packed in oil tends to be higher in calories and sodium when compared to water packed.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1 SANDWICH, 237g): 690 calories, 400 calories from fat, 45g total fat, 14g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 230mg cholesterol, 750mg sodium, 39g total carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 5g sugars, 32g protein, 31mcg folate, 1mg vitamin C, 3mg iron.
Check out these other quick & delicious lunch options!