- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth, 99% fat free
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 4 cups egg noodles (uncooked)
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, whisk in the flour, and let it cook for a couple minutes.
Add the chicken broth a little bit at a time, whisking well between each addition. Add the salt, pepper, minced onion and noodles; bring to a boil.
Let boil for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are soft.
Stir in the chicken and vegetables. Then, stir in the heavy whipping cream.
Cook until heated through and enjoy!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1 SERVING, 259g): 310 calories, 180 calories from fat, 20g total fat, 9g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 55mg cholesterol, 850mg sodium, 20g total carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 3g sugars, 15g protein, 23mcg folate, 3mg vitamin C, 1mg iron.
- Try using different vegetables.
- Use canned chicken, rotisserie chicken or leftover shredded chicken for convenience.
You might also enjoy these dinner recipes: