- 1 can (14.5 ounce) petite diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 jar (14 ounce) pizza sauce
- 1 tube (13.8 ounce) refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400oF. Generously grease two 9-inch round pans with nonstick spray. Combine tomatoes and pizza sauce in a medium bowl and set aside.
Divide pizza crust into half. Roll each half into an 11-inch circle. Transfer to prepared pans, letting dough drape over the edge. Sprinkle each crust with ½ cup Mozzarella cheese.
Season cooked ground beef with minced onion, oregano, and basil. In each pan, layer ¼ of the meat mixture, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, ¼ of tomato mixture, and ½ cup Mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers: meat, Parmesan cheese, tomato mixture.
Fold the dough in to form an edge. Arrange pepperonis evenly over pizzas and top both with remaining ½ cup Mozzarella cheese on each.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine buttery topping ingredients and brush over hot crust edges. Cut each pizza into fourths and serve.