- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces pepperoni (or mini pepperoni)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Pizza sauce, for dipping (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Unroll the crescent rolls and separate into 16 triangles. On a baking sheet, place the triangles in a circle, so the short edges of the triangle form an inner circle, overlapping each other. This dough ring will look like the sun.
Sprinkle the cheese around the circle, closest to the inside of the ring. Top with pepperoni.
Use the other end of the triangle to cover up the filling. Tuck it underneath and repeat with all triangles until the ring is complete.
In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, water, Parmesan, garlic and parsley. Brush over the crescent ring.
Bake 20 minutes or until a nice golden brown on top.
Cut into wedges and serve with warmed up pizza sauce.
Try different “pizza” flavors! Try these variations…
- Hawaiian – Ham & Pineapple
- Deluxe – Sausage, Mushrooms and Green Peppers
- Meat Lovers – Ham, Sausage and Pepperoni
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1 WEDGE, 52g): 200 calories, 110 calories from fat, 13g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 25mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 12g total carbohydrate, 0g dietary fiber, 2g sugars, 7g protein, 2mcg folate, 0mg vitamin C, 1mg iron.
Pizza lovers will enjoy these other recipes: