- 1 (14-ounce) loaf bakery French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 12 wooden skewers
- ½ cup maple syrup, optional
- ¼ cup powdered sugar, optional
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line both baking sheets with silicone mats. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon.
Add bread cubes and gently toss until slightly saturated.
Arrange the cubes on the prepared baking sheets, allowing excess egg mixture to run off first.
Bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven, spray tops of cubes with nonstick spray, and gently turn over.
Bake for an additional 6 minutes on the other side. Cubes should be slightly browned, and the egg mixture set.
Arrange French toast cubes and fruit on the wooden skewers, alternating and creating whatever pattern you prefer.
If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with maple syrup. Serve immediately.
Try these other breakfast recipes.