- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 – 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 – 15 ounce can diced tomatoes (do NOT drain)
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounce rotini pasta
- 2 cup baby spinach
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan
Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the onion and garlic and sauté 3-5 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
Stir in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and pasta; cover with lid and bring to a boil.
Boil 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently, until the pasta is tender.
Add the spinach, cream cheese and parmesan and stir until well-combined.
1. Add ½ – 1 tsp red pepper flakes for a little heat!
2. Add cooked and crumbled Italian sausage for a hearty, meaty option.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (289g): 331 calories, 12.5g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 25mg cholesterol, 913mg sodium, 48g total carbohydrate, 7g dietary fiber, 11g sugars, 10g protein, 10mcg folate, 26mg vitamin C, 3mg iron.
Looking for more delicious pasta recipes?