- 6 (3-inch) pre-sliced plain, 100% whole wheat or multigrain bagels
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 6 large sausage patties (pre-cooked OR make your own by forming 6 patties out of 1 pound breakfast sausage)
- 6 slices low fat Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Place the bottom halves of the bagels into the baking dish.
In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring with a fork after each interval until eggs are cooked.
On each bagel, layer the cooked sausage patty, eggs, cheese, then the tops of the bagels.
Melt the butter and stir in the salt, garlic, black pepper, parsley and red pepper flakes.
Brush the seasoned butter over the bagels.
Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1 SANDWICH, 242g): 610 calories, 320 calories from fat, 36g total fat, 15g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 268mg cholesterol, 1100mg sodium, 38g total carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 1g sugars, 32g protein, 89mcg folate, 1mg vitamin C, 4mg iron.
Helpful hints: Try different breakfast flavors! Try these variations…
- Different Meats – Sausage, bacon, ham, chorizo, etc.
- Different Cheeses – Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, Muenster or a combination of several
- Add some veggies – Peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc.
- Different Bagels – Onion bagels, Everything bagels, etc.
Looking for more On-The-Go breakfast ideas? Try out these!