Overnight French Toast Casserole
Breakfast time has never been more delicious. Our Overnight French Toast Casserole is the perfect use for day-old bread. With three different flavors, you’ll find a favorite for any palate.
Overnight French Toast Recipes 3 Ways
Combines the classic flavors of cinnamon and sugar
Enhances the flavors of classic French toast with frozen mixed berries
For all those who love the fall flavors of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice
French Toast Fun Facts
Let’s learn a little bit more about this breakfast time staple!
- November 28th is National French Toast Day, but we think that it should really be celebrated every day!
- Ancient Rome is the true home of French toast… Even the name of one of the original French recipes (because, duh, FRENCH toast) was actually le pain a la Romaine… Roman Bread!
- Other nicknames for French Toast include: Poor Knights of Windsor, German toast, gypsy toast and our personal favorite… eggy bread!
- Stale bread is superior for French toast because it better absorbs the eggs before the toast is fried.
- French toast in Scotland is served with sausage between two slices of toast and eaten as a sandwich.
Want more great wheat-filled recipes? Be sure to visit our friends at Wheat Foods Council! Be sure to ride along with some of the farmers who grow the wheat that fuels our passion for French Toast. If you love these recipes you will also be sure to love our S’Mores French Toast, Strawberry Shortcake and our Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping.