- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (19 ounce) bag frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
In a Dutch oven or large pot, add the vegetable oil over medium heat.
Add the onions and garlic and sauté until tender.
Add the tomato sauce, broth, diced tomatoes and seasoning; bring to a boil.
Add the tortellini and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- Add 1 pound cooked ground Italian sausage for a meaty, hearty soup.
- Top with Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese and fresh basil for a nice presentation.
Looking for more Soup Recipes? You might like these:
- 30 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup
- Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons
- Mixed Bean Soup with Pasta
- Nonna’s One-Pot Italian Soup
- Turkey Noodle Soup
- Chicken Enchilada Orzo Soup