- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (1-pound package) shredded tri-color cole slaw or shredded cabbage
- 3/4-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet, Crescent Rolls, or reduced-fat Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup finely shredded Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese (optional)
- Mustard or Mayo Horseradish sauce (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In large Dutch oven or saucepan brown meat; drain well. Add onion and cole slaw mix or cabbage; steam until tender stirring occasionally. Stir in black pepper.
Line pan with one dough. If using crescent rolls, pinch cuts to seal. Push dough a bit up the sides. Spoon hot meat mixture over dough. Top with cheese.
Unroll remaining rolls or dough sheet and place on casserole to form top crust.
Bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and if desired, garnish with additional cheese. Let cool slightly before serving. If desired, serve with mustard or mayo horseradish sauce.
Per Serving (1/8 casserole, 258g): 410 calories, 200 calories from fat, 23g fat, 9g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 55mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 35g total carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 12g sugars, 19g protein, 4mcg folate, 1mg vitamin C, 6mg calcium, 2mg iron.
Want more quick and easy dinner recipes? We’ve got you covered!
- Layered Taco Casserole
- Italian Crescent Casserole
- Garlic & Parmesan Buttered Spaghetti
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas
Or would you like to meet a farmer? Be sure and watch Justin Knopf, a wheat farmer from Kansas. If you’re looking for more great recipes be sure and check out our friends at the Home Baking Association!