- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, garnish
Bring 6-8 cups of salted water to a boil in a large stockpot.
Once water is at a rolling boil, prepare pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
In a medium saucepan, combine butter, garlic and red pepper flakes over medium heat until the butter has melted. Cook, whisking constantly, until the butter begins to turn a golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in pasta and Parmesan cheese until well combined, about 2 minutes; season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, to taste.
Garnish with parsley and freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
Love pasta? Try making it at home with this easy recipe! Or, would you like to do a deep dive and learn what exactly a bushel of wheat means to you? Take a look!
Want more quick and easy dinner recipes? We’ve got you covered!
Or would you like to meet a farmer? Be sure and watch Justin Knopf, a wheat farmer from Kansas. If you’re looking for more great recipes be sure and check out our friends at the Home Baking Association!