- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, garnish
- Bring 6-8 cups of salted water to a boil in a large stockpot.
2. Once water is at a rolling boil, prepare pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
1. In a medium saucepan, combine butter, garlic and red pepper flakes over medium heat until the butter has melted. Cook, whisking constantly, until the butter begins to turn a golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in pasta and Parmesan cheese until well combined, about 2 minutes; season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, to taste.
3. Garnish with parsley and freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.