- 1 1/2 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup quick oats, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
Add applesauce, milk, brown sugar, oil and egg; mix just until dry ingredients are moist.
Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling them most of the way.
In small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
Bake until the muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20-22 minutes. Let the muffins cool 5 minutes in the pan, then remove to a rack.
Per Serving (1 muffin, 80g): 210 calories, 60 calories from fat, 7g fat, 1.5 saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 20mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 34g total carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 14g sugars, 4g protein, 27mcg folate, 0g vitamin C, 48mg calcium, 2mg iron.