- 1 pound penne noodles
- 1 pound chicken, grilled and cubed
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Boil penne noodles according to package, until “al dente.”
3. Prepare sauce: In skillet melt butter, whisk in flour and slowly pour in milk and chicken broth. Stir in chicken bouillon. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
4. Drain noodles; add cooked chicken and sauce to the pan, along with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese stir until combined.
5. Pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
7. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to turn golden brown.
Want more quick and easy dinner recipes? We’ve got you covered!
- Layered Taco Casserole
- Italian Crescent Casserole
- Garlic & Parmesan Buttered Spaghetti
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas
Or would you like to meet a farmer? Be sure and watch Justin Knopf, a wheat farmer from Kansas. If you’re looking for more great recipes be sure and check out our friends at the Home Baking Association!