- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 (24-ounce) jar tomato-based pasta sauce
- ½ cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 cup Italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Arrange tenderloins in baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven, drain off excess grease/juice, and tear or cut chicken into large chunks.
Cover chicken chunks with pasta sauce, then top with both cheeses.
In a small bowl, mix the panko with the oil, Italian seasoning, parsley and pepper.
Sprinkle the panko mixture over the top of the cheese.
Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes, or until golden on top and bubbling on the sides.
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of water according to package instructions.
Serve Chicken Parmesan Casserole over the hot spaghetti.
- The recipe calls for thin spaghetti, but you can serve this with any pasta shape you have on hand.
- The chicken can be cooked ahead of time to make this a quick weeknight meal.
Try these other chicken recipes: